It shall be the mission of the Jefferson Township Fire Company #2 to provide quality Fire Suppression and rescue services to the residents, business owners, and visitors of the Lake Hopatcong section of Jefferson Township. Jefferson Township Fire Company #2 will provide these services with the utmost professionalism; with the safety of Fire Company #2 members, residents, businesses, and visitors as the number one priority.
Jefferson Township Fire Company 2 is proud to be fully staffed by volunteers. We rely on the generous donations made by the public to further our equipment and training.
With today’s standards and technology ever advancing, the average cost of equipment has also risen exponentially. In the early 1990s a reasonably priced Fire Engine was in the range of $250k, today, one can be purchased for $450k or more. A ladder truck will cost in the area of $1 million. The average cost to outfit a new firefighter with standard gear and basic training, over $12,000 per person. These costs are then furthered by more training and maintenance of equipment over time.
Through this new technology and training we are able to provide faster, safer, and effective responses to community emergencies. A donation link is available below and is greatly appreciated. Every donation goes back to the community each time the sirens wail alerts us of an emergency and we respond. Thank you for the continued support.
On April 2, 1942, charter members Martin Brown, James McElroy, Fred Kaessinger, Joe Tolton, George Robinson Sr., Wilbur Willis, and Walter Castimore established the Lake Hopatcong Fire Association. On May 6, 1942, the name was changed to Jefferson Township Fire Company # 2.
The first firehouse was in a shed located on what was then known as Tierney's Corner Tavern, and is now the McDonald's Restaurant. This Building was used until 1946 when the beloved Ellen T. Briggs donated the property at the corner of Route 15 and Edison where the present fire house is located.
The present building was first occupied in 1946, an additional garage bay was added in 1948, three truck bays were added in 1957. In the late 80's and early 90's a small renovation was completed to add bathrooms to the upstairs. In the late 90's an additional Bay which was a drive through bay, was added.
The first piece of fire apparatus acquired by the company was purchased for 1,000.00 from Ward LaFrance. Other pieces of equipment were purchased and retired over the years.
Company Two is dedicated to our community. Local fundraisers for groups are routinely held at our main firehouse.
Each year our company hold an installation dinner. This dinner is a ceremony to swear in our line and administrative officers who run our fire company's daily operations.
& Line Officers
2023 Line Officers
Special Operations 712
Guardian 715(R) The defender 717(L)
Standing by at the Mt. Arlington Annual fireworks display.
75' Ladder Truck
3000 gallon Tender
Public Safety Response Boat
& ATV Trailer
Mission Statement: To Provide support and assistance to the
Jefferson Township Co. 2 Volunteer Department and to the
Lake Hopatcong Community
Meetings held the third Tuesday of every month at the
Rt. 15 Firehouse
President- Kimberley Luecht
Treasurer- Lucy Kienzlen
Secretary- Aleyna Mannerberg
P.O. Box 114
Lake Hopatcong NJ 07849
Ladies Aux Member App
PO Box 965
Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Fire House Tel: 973-663-0851
(Note that the firehouse phone is not manned)
EMERGENCIES: DIAL 911
President & Chief
Fire Chief: Scott Jenkins
Document to be read and filled out for use of facility. Event must be approved by president.